|Book Of Virtues|
|Defeat Isaac as Bethany.|
- Summons an orbiting wisp familiar that fires spectral tears, deals contact damage to enemies, and blocks enemy shots.
- Wisps can take two hits before they are destroyed.
- A maximum of 16 wisps can be active at once: one inner ring of eight and an outer ring of eight.
- Using the item while at the maximum number of wisps regenerates three random wisps that have been hit.
- Increases the chance of finding Angel Rooms while held (they will be around three times as likely to spawn as Devil Rooms).
- Book of Virtues has a special effect with Bethany, as the colors of soul hearts are tracked and used as energy for activated collectibles.
- When regularly charged or a soul heart is consumed, a blue wisp is created.
- If a black heart is consumed, it will create a black wisp that fires a tear that can inflict fear.
- If a black heart is consumed, the standard effect of damaging the enemies in the room will occur.
- White hearts create a white wisp that regenerates after a room is cleared. If the white wisp is fully regenerated, it will regenerate one existing wisp. If all wisps are fully regenerated, it will spawn a new blue wisp. The tears fired by white wisps also have the Lost Contact effect.
- Wisps take no damage from lasers, brimstone, or explosions, and do not protect the player from any of these.
Bug! When walking towards an obstacle without flight or a room wall. the outer orbital will move forward instead of around the player itself, affecting the circular patron and place of the tears fired by the flames.
- This item originated from the Binding of Isaac: Community Remix mod. However, it gave a random item effect on a 6 room recharge instead of its current effect.
- This item was significantly reworked in Repentance. It now has a 4 room charge, but acts as both a passive and active item. Once picked up, Book of Virtues will grant all future active items the ability to create wisps. Every active item has unique restrictions, conditions, and often wisps types. This was done to make Bethany a more engaging character to play, and encourage using soul hearts on different active items.