Bird's Eye is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to fire a flame that damages enemies and blocks enemy tears.
- Flames fly slower than tears and have lesser range.
- Flames decrease in size as they damage enemies.
- The size of the initial flame scales with damage.
- The chance to fire a flame scales with Luck, up to 100% at 14 Luck.
- Flames cannot damage poop, which may cause Isaac to get stuck if a door is blocked by it.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Overrides Bird's Eye.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Bird's Eye.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Bird's Eye.
- Spirit Sword: Projectile has a chance to be replaced by a flame.
- Technology: Overrides Bird's Eye.
- The Ludovico Technique: The tear spawns flames at random.
Synergies:[edit | edit source]
- 20/20: Doubles flames shot.
- Eye Sore: Chance to shoot one or more flames in a random direction.
- Isaac's Tears: Fires eight flames in all directions.
- Loki's Horns: Chance to shoot flames in the four cardinal directions.
- Menorah: Multiplies amount of flames shot by the number of candles lit, up to 7 with all candles lit.
- Mom's Eye: Chance to shoot a flame behind Isaac.
- Mutant Spider: Quadruples flames shot.
- Perfection: Significantly increases luck, making flames fire very frequently.
- Soy Milk: Greatly increases fire rate, making flames fire more frequently, at the cost of damage.
- Tammy's Head: Fires ten flames in all directions.
- Technology 2: Adds a laser along with the flame shot, but decreases damage and lowers the rate of fire, making flames less frequent.
- The Inner Eye: Triples flames shot.
- Monstro's Lung: Releases several differently sized flames upon firing.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Afterbirth+ item Ghost Pepper has similar effects and themes to Bird's Eye. The main difference is Ghost Pepper shoots fires alongside tears instead of replacing them, isn't affected by luck, and has the additional effect that Isaac shoots fire when he farts.
- Bird's eye chili is a spicy Thai chili.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
NTM8 X6S6 (First floor treasure room)
W24R PAN4 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
ZZ64 DWAD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
FBPP CH7F (First-floor treasure room)